Mon, Jan 31 2011
"creativity takes courage" -
|original art by jenny herrick|
part of living dangerously is opening ourselves up to creativity that is inside of us as part of God's image. we are creating beauty every day with our lives, a work of art. our experience on saturday night gave us a chance to have a space to connect with our creativity in diverse ways through visual art, drama, and writing. if you weren't there, here's the exercise we started with. if you were there, share what it was like for you on saturday both when you were creating & when you were witnessing the sharing of other people's pieces, too.
Focus: Choosing a word for this year. This is not a resolution, but rather something your heart and soul can get excited about. A word contains energy, images, and meaning.
Compassion, Delight, Generosity, Effortlessness, Gratitude, Abundance, Creativity, Willingness, Change, Growth, Freedom, Mastery, Kindness,
, Presence, Acceptance, Courage, Confidence,
Spirit, Prayerfulness, Power,
Listen, Soul, Worship
1. What word would you choose (or what word chooses you) for this year? What would be a “home run” for you in the coming year? This can be a big dream or a way that you want to live each day.
2. What images come to mind that symbolize this word to you?
3. If you embraced and lived this word daily, what would be different for you?
4. List one or two things that trigger you to “shrink” or to run in the opposite direction of your word. Be specific. (We each have “default settings” that we tend to go to and react with.)
5. List a couple of new practices you can incorporate into your life as
a means of supporting you in living your word more fully, increase your awareness, and allowing your word of the year to expand you.